Friday, December 14, 2012

Memorable Quotes

Video games aren't exactly renown for their literary prowess, but every now and then a line of text or dialogue comes around that burns itself into or memories.  Tastes vary though, and oftentimes the quotes we remember say more about us than they do the games.  So, if you will indulge me, I'd like to share nine of my favorites with you.

Get thee gone darkness!
- Ashley Riot, Vagrant Story
You seem human and yet...what do you here?
- Maria, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
That's disgusting.
- Regina, Dino Crisis
You will be a god among men.
- Harlan Wade, F.E.A.R.
Chicken, fight like a robot!
- Robot, Berzerk
You really don't know what it is you have, until it's gone...gone...gone.
- Conker, Conker's Bad Fur Day
Who are you that flies so good?  Are you insane?
- Retro Pilot, Privateer 
To see a Keeper is not an easy thing, especially one that does not wish to be seen.
- Artemus, Thief: The Dark Project
I'm not letting anyone leave my town.  Everyone's going to die!
 - Brian Irons, Resident Evil 2

I know what your thinking.  No quotes from Duke Nuke'em, Zero Wing or House of the Dead?  Yup.  As far as those one liners are concerned, they've been repeated ad nauseum across the internet.  So I decided to pick some more obscure stuff.  Also, if your wondering why I only have nine picks instead of the usual ten, it's because I think double digit lists are for chumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment